Netherton Foundry Black Iron 24 " Split Chapa Griddle Plate
Shropshire Made 24 inch Black Iron Split Chapa Griddle Plate
Two semi-circular chapas that pair together to make an enormous 24 inch (60cm) diameter outdoor cooking surface. The original, versatile, portable cooking tool of the Argentinian Gauchos. Real flames, powered by wood.
Designed in conjunction with food and travel photographer, Joe Woodhouse, this is our biggest chapa, which, as well as having detachable legs, splits into 2 pieces for ease of transporting and storage, to make it easier to tend the coals, while cooking, use one side for meat and the other for vegetarian choices or desserts, move one side away from the heat source for slower cooking or keeping food warm.
The split chapa construction has several benefits.
- Made in Britain.
- Griddle at high tempertures on one half and use the other half for keeping food warm.
- Use for sweet and savoury plates
- Separate meat from vegetarian dishes.
- One half can be easily be moved by one person, whilst cooking, to add more fuel or rake the embers.
- Easy to assemble, carry and store.
- Pre-seasoned with flax oil for a natural non-stick finish
- Durable 99.1% pure iron Split Chapa Griddle with sturdy handle
- Each plate has a pair of lifting handles.
Perfect for outdoor cooking over an open fire or charcoal. Ideal for all kinds of food from steaks and burgers to fried eggs and pancakes. Highly versatile and great fun to use. No tools required, just hand adjust the solid brass wingnuts to fit and remove legs. When you've finished cooking, detach the legs for compact storage and for indoor use on the hob. The chapa griddle plates are suitable for high temperatures and resist warping and buckling. Can be used on all hobs including: ranges, electric, gas, halogen, induction (heat slowly to keep the plate flat)
Why choose a pre- seasoned Chapa griddle plate ?
- No chemicals or PTFE are used in the coating of the Chapa griddle plate.
- The edible Sussex flax oil coating is easy to wash & naturally non-stick.
- It is ready for immediate use.
- Coating can be simply restored at home, time after time .
- Iron Split Chapa Griddle are tough and can be used at very high temperatures.
- Iron is a pure, simple metal which is easy to look after & very recyclable.
About the Supplier
You should complete this declaration if you are 'chronically sick or disabled' and the goods or services are for your own personal or domestic use. A family member or carer can complete this on your behalf if you wish.
You can find out more from the Helpsheets on the GOV.UK website or by telephoning the VAT Disabled Reliefs Helpline on Telephone: 0300 123 1073. HMRC staff cannot advise whether or not an individual is chronically sick or disabled.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he or she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness
It does not include an elderly person who is not disabled or chronically sick or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
For more information on VAT exemption please read this.