You should complete this declaration if you are 'chronically sick or disabled' and the goods or services are for your own personal or domestic use. A family member or carer can complete this on your behalf if you wish.
You can find out more from the Helpsheets on the GOV.UK website or by telephoning the VAT Disabled Reliefs Helpline on Telephone: 0300 123 1073. HMRC staff cannot advise whether or not an individual is chronically sick or disabled.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he or she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness
It does not include an elderly person who is not disabled or chronically sick or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
For more information on VAT exemption please read this.
Ordering & Delivery
Covid 19 Impact
There are still delays on many products due to both reduced manufacturing teams as well as supply chain issues on raw materials for product manufacturing. Additionally there are reduced delivery teams working and local lock downs occuring around the UK. All products are available to order now but please be sure to check the product pages for dleivery times.
Here is some specific guidance:
- All Clearance items are available now for dispatch
- All guest beds shown are in stock and ready for dispatch
- All Lighting products from both Mullan and Original BTC are now available to order. Deliveries are slightly slower than normal - check product pages for timings.
- All Jay-be childrens mattresses shown are in stock and ready for dispatch
- All Ghillie camping kettles are being manufactured as normal.
- All of the furniture collection products are in stock and being delivered as normal.
- Sofa beds and sofas have a 3-4 week delay currently so taking about 8 weeks from order date to delivery date. Usually it is 4-5 weeks.
- Adjustable beds have a long delay as raw materials are in short supply - Check the product pages for the latest estimate but pre-Christmas delivery in 2020 may no longer be possible. Call to check.
- If you want to confirm stock before ordering then please give us a call on 01223 967901 within UK business hours Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Delivery options, costs and timings for each product are listed on the product page, and each order is sent to you directly by the supplier that created or designed it. For Made to Last brand products we deliver to you direct from our factories.
Sellers set their own costs and timings for delivery. The delivery costs and timings for each product are shown under the “delivery” tab on the product page.
The costs are also shown on the checkout page before you place your order. (you will need to enter your address and postcode to see costs).
Delivery times vary between products and suppliers.
The supplier will include details of normal delivery times on their product pages (these are estimates and may vary a little), and we will let you know when they aim to dispatch your items before you place your order on the checkout page. This again is an estimate but your delivery should arrive on this date.
We handle the correspondence with the seller(s) until dispatch of your order and keep you up to date with progress, including estimated delivery dates and confirmation of order despatch so you will not need to do anything at all after placing your order - it should arrive on time as detailed in your order confirmation email.
Occassionally deliveries are delayed by the supplier, and we cannot accept responsibility for this but will do our best to work with the supplier, on your behalf to rectify any late deliveries as quickly as possible.
If you want more information about delivery for a product that you’ve already ordered, please get in touch with the seller directly. You can do this using the contact details in your order confirmation email. Once you’ve done this, if you’d still like some more help, get in touch with us – we’ll be very pleased to help.
Very occasionally, unavoidable factors can delay a delivery (poor weather or postal strikes, for example). If this happens the seller will usually let you know. We do ask for your patience if this happens – we’ll be doing our best to sort it out for you. Once your order is on its way, we will be in touch again to let you know when you should expect it.
Delivery and promotions
If you take advantage of a discount (e.g. 10% off), the reduction is applied only to the price of the product you’ve chosen, not the delivery cost.